To focus on growing the life of your dreams where you spend your time is critical. When I sit down to plan my day (in my Best Planner Ever of course!) without question there are ALWAYS requests, invites, opportunities and more which present themselves on a regular basis.
I love helping others, and I hate saying No and possibly hurting or disappointing another person.
The problem (and you already know this is coming) is that it’s just not possible to say yes to everybody else without saying no to myself. When I say no to myself, I’m basically saying “maybe later” to my own dreams and life. And that just doesn’t work for me.
So instead, here are 20 creative ( and sometimes funny) ways to say NO. This has truly helped to free up my time so I can spend it on moving my goals forward. Perhaps they can help you too!
- It’s a Tuesday. I have a “NO” on Tuesday policy.
- Look! Squirrel!
- Thanks, but I’ll have to pass. (then shut up)
- I promised my (husband, coach, etc) I would not take on any more projects in my life.
- Ask me again in a year.
- I really appreciate you thinking of me but I’m already booked that day.
- I’m sorry but my son’s soccer game is that day and I never miss those.
- I’m at the end of my capacity right now so I’ll have to take a rain check.
- I really can’t commit but let me recommend someone to you.
- I’m not the girl for you on this one.
- I’m not taking on new projects right now, but am happy to put you on my waiting list.
- Thank you for asking, can you put me on your list for next year?
- My body double can.
- No, but let me tell you what I CAN do…(and then set a clear boundary)
- I wish I could but it’s just not going to work right now.
- I no longer do things that make me want to kill myself.
- I don’t want to say yes and then let you down.
- I believe there’s someone a lot less busy who would enjoy doing that instead.
- I would love to say yes to everything but that would be plain crazy.
- No no no no no no no. Just No.
Happy Saying No!